2009 has been declared the International Year of Astronomy!! So I shall try and notch up my astronomy activities.
One of the biggest hampers in using a telescope expecially amateur telescopes in cities is the city lighting.
Not many people know about a term ‘Light Pollution’, but it is also a pretty demeaning form of pollution.
It may not kill you but it can definitely drive you nuts :p
Imagine always being exposed to light, it could turn people insomniacs. Research has shown that darkness, the night sky can have a very calm, soothing effect on the mind. A prolonged lack of exposure to the same can really have a bad consequences on one’s mental health!
Anyway with respect to astronomers basically studying the sky in the city is such a trouble cause in many directions there are glaring neon lights so if a planet, deep space object is next to that hoarding I just can’t see it!
There is an organization International Dark-Sky Association (IDA) which works towards making people aware of the night sky and night sky friendly lighting.
You can read what they have to say about effects of light pollution and its effect on wildlife, economy, health, security and many other topics.
Hello There..Professionally into social media & digital marketing since 2008. Here I share my work insights and thoughts. Infrequent posting since many years, owing to my other two blogs on Travel & Spirituality. :) For my work services you can check: www.digiwhirl.com Best way to contact me is via Twitter: @priyankawriting Email: priyankawriting(@)gmail(.)com
- Higher Content Visibility but with Clutter: A Nuance on Social Media Virality
- 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges & Workaround
- Setting Up An Email Marketing Channel: Essentials You Must Know
- Work Year 2016: Working In-house v/s Agency
- Sony Founder, Akio Morita’s Autobiography: ‘Made in Japan’
- Branding For Early Stage Startups
- 2015: Winding Down my Office Setup & Learnings #Startup