>I wrote a blog post on Listening to online conversations a few days back, it was more about How to listen, the post was for people who are looking at the various sites, services that are available etc.
Here is an article which is really good about what to do once you find someone talking about your brand. How do you engage them??
These tips are actually very simple if you understand that the person or people talking about your brand are intelligent, and their thoughts need to be respected.
Somehow most brands fail to do this including NGO’s, small startups, corporates, government, civil bodies like police men etc etc and they give out silly responses which would turn people off!
Hello There..Professionally into social media & digital marketing since 2008. Here I share my work insights and thoughts. Infrequent posting since many years, owing to my other two blogs on Travel & Spirituality. :) For my work services you can check: www.digiwhirl.com Best way to contact me is via Twitter: @priyankawriting Email: priyankawriting(@)gmail(.)com
- 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges & Workaround
- Setting Up An Email Marketing Channel: Essentials You Must Know
- Work Year 2016: Working In-house v/s Agency
- Sony Founder, Akio Morita’s Autobiography: ‘Made in Japan’
- Branding For Early Stage Startups
- 2015: Winding Down my Office Setup & Learnings #Startup
- Working Tips: When it is time to Speak Up at your Job