>The hash tags are the norm in Twitter to classify tweets. Like for any environment related tweet, I will add a #environment to it. This way people who are searching for ‘environment’ on twitter can find my tweet. The reason for the #tag is that my tweet may not include the word ‘environment’ in it, in which case it will not be shown in the search for ‘environment’ unless I put the #tag.
This way twitter has a large number of hash tags, and I think it is a skill to figure most relevant #tags. For quite some time I was putting #ecology, #gogreen to my green tweets, but now I think #environment is the better tag. I am not sure, I need to research how to figure out the best #tag for a tweet.
Now as Facebook has twitterified and status updates on it are searchable, its time to use #tags for it as well. Especially for people with Facebook Fan pages, one way to increase your facebook pages reach is by putting relevant #tags and using good keywords for your status updates.
Hello There..Professionally into social media & digital marketing since 2008. Here I share my work insights and thoughts. Infrequent posting since many years, owing to my other two blogs on Travel & Spirituality. :) For my work services you can check: www.digiwhirl.com Best way to contact me is via Twitter: @priyankawriting Email: priyankawriting(@)gmail(.)com
- What’s the role of a Small Company or Startup CEO?
- Work Year 2017: In a Globally Distributed Team
- Higher Content Visibility but with Clutter: A Nuance on Social Media Virality
- 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges & Workaround
- Setting Up An Email Marketing Channel: Essentials You Must Know
- Work Year 2016: Working In-house v/s Agency
- Sony Founder, Akio Morita’s Autobiography: ‘Made in Japan’