>Came across a really interesting blog post today from Sonia Simone
“I wasn’t that into marketing (I’m the worst salesperson in the history of the human race), but I was into communication, and hanging out with customers, and answering questions, and making the product work better for them.
It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that all that stuff was marketing.” Read More
It made me think about what exactly is marketing? Conventionally I thought of it as the prequel to selling. Where you say all the good stuff and leave out the bad stuff and then ask them to buy whatever you have. The problem with this thought is that, this is NOT what I do!
(I am a social media marketeer)
The above idea about communicating, trying to make a product better however is much closer to what I do! So I am now a- thinking about what marketing is!
Hello There..Professionally into social media & digital marketing since 2008. Here I share my work insights and thoughts. Infrequent posting since many years, owing to my other two blogs on Travel & Spirituality. :) For my work services you can check: www.digiwhirl.com Best way to contact me is via Twitter: @priyankawriting Email: priyankawriting(@)gmail(.)com
- What’s the role of a Small Company or Startup CEO?
- Work Year 2017: In a Globally Distributed Team
- Higher Content Visibility but with Clutter: A Nuance on Social Media Virality
- 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges & Workaround
- Setting Up An Email Marketing Channel: Essentials You Must Know
- Work Year 2016: Working In-house v/s Agency
- Sony Founder, Akio Morita’s Autobiography: ‘Made in Japan’