>Initially on Google Wave, things felt really bland with barely any friends on it. Moreover it was tough to find a friend who chats with you real time so you can test the features. Now however after the nth rounds of invites having been sent and received it feels a whole lot more populated.
A new useful feature added just a day ago is a green dot next to the profile pics when the people are online. This is good cause now I can have prolonged wave chats with online friends. In case they are offline I can still wave them! (no need for email or a social network)
I also downloaded a plugin for Firefox that lets me know when I have new pending waves. Suddenly Wave seems more usable! I can just keep this plugin on and now I have another more futuristic and modern email box with basic functionalities!
Why Wave cannot be a primary platform as yet!
Still very few people on wave. The ones that are there are mostly techie… what about my non-techie friends?
Nascent stage of many apps like Twitter, Facebook, Blogger etc.. so I still have to use those platforms separately.
In the long run however I think G Wave can become the main platform from where all this happens.
Hello There..Professionally into social media & digital marketing since 2008. Here I share my work insights and thoughts. Infrequent posting since many years, owing to my other two blogs on Travel & Spirituality. :) For my work services you can check: www.digiwhirl.com Best way to contact me is via Twitter: @priyankawriting Email: priyankawriting(@)gmail(.)com
- Higher Content Visibility but with Clutter: A Nuance on Social Media Virality
- 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges & Workaround
- Setting Up An Email Marketing Channel: Essentials You Must Know
- Work Year 2016: Working In-house v/s Agency
- Sony Founder, Akio Morita’s Autobiography: ‘Made in Japan’
- Branding For Early Stage Startups
- 2015: Winding Down my Office Setup & Learnings #Startup