>Presented this at Mumbai Barcamp 6, some simple tips for people who spend long hours on the computer to maintain health.
There are people who replace actual laughter with LOL, ROFL etc.. please don’t do that! For more refer to my blog post Virtual LOL is not the same as REAL laughter!
Many web workers tend to skip lunch or just ‘grab a bite’ out of some junk food product. Maintaining some healthy snacks with you at your work table can really help get in some nutritious stuff in your diet!
– Fruits like apples, oranges, bananas
Often drinking water gets postponed if the water cooler or fridge is too far from computer. So keep a bottle of water with you at your computer so you don’t get dehydrated!
RSI = Repetitive Strain Injury, Using your wrists a lot every day, all the time, can and is leading to wrist ailments in a large number of web working (also percussionists, typists etc) populace.
A 2008 study showed that 68% of UK workers suffered from some sort of RSI. Read More. (Wikipedia)
One of the common RSI ailments is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. It does not have any cures so some ways of preventing it from happening.
Headaches related to insomnia, eye strain are common for people spending long hours on the web. One simple exercise to relieve eye strain and to exercise its focusing ability is:
- Look at far away object for a few seconds then rapidly change the focus to a nearby object and gaze for a few seconds. Do this for objects at different distance and elevation from the eye.
- Roll eyeballs in clockwise direction about 10 times and then anti clockwise 10 times.
- Keeping face still move the eye ball to the right then to the left, again to the right and then to the left. Do this a number of times.
Hello There..Professionally into social media & digital marketing since 2008. Here I share my work insights and thoughts. Infrequent posting since many years, owing to my other two blogs on Travel & Spirituality. :) For my work services you can check: www.digiwhirl.com Best way to contact me is via Twitter: @priyankawriting Email: priyankawriting(@)gmail(.)com
- 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges & Workaround
- Setting Up An Email Marketing Channel: Essentials You Must Know
- Work Year 2016: Working In-house v/s Agency
- Sony Founder, Akio Morita’s Autobiography: ‘Made in Japan’
- Branding For Early Stage Startups
- 2015: Winding Down my Office Setup & Learnings #Startup
- Working Tips: When it is time to Speak Up at your Job