>The 15th UN Climate Change Conference hosted in Copenhagen, Denmark is currently ongoing, from Dec 7 to Dec 18. It is widely anticipated by people wanting to lower the carbon emissions by countries.
In the initial phase there was a turmoil when some emails were leaked. These emails proposed a deal between at least US, UK and Denmark, maybe few other countries. Some of the disturbing points in this deal being,
• Force developing countries to agree to specific emission cuts and measures that were not part of the original UN agreement;
• Divide poor countries further by creating a new category of developing countries called “the most vulnerable”;
• Weaken the UN’s role in handling climate finance;
It is tough for these talks to really focus on the real issues when things get mired in politics. If the climate change scenario is seen by the richer countries as yet another way to become a dampener to the development of poorer countries then it is truly sad!
Another interesting article describes the the ground situation of the conference as
This is shaping up to be Cannes, Davos, Lollapalooza, and a Trekkie convention all wrapped in one. Salesy, power-broker heavy, loudly creative, geeky…Total cleantech chaos.
Hello There..Professionally into social media & digital marketing since 2008. Here I share my work insights and thoughts. Infrequent posting since many years, owing to my other two blogs on Travel & Spirituality. :) For my work services you can check: www.digiwhirl.com Best way to contact me is via Twitter: @priyankawriting Email: priyankawriting(@)gmail(.)com
- 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges & Workaround
- Setting Up An Email Marketing Channel: Essentials You Must Know
- Work Year 2016: Working In-house v/s Agency
- Sony Founder, Akio Morita’s Autobiography: ‘Made in Japan’
- Branding For Early Stage Startups
- 2015: Winding Down my Office Setup & Learnings #Startup
- Working Tips: When it is time to Speak Up at your Job