>Came across this concept on @mrjain’s blog about DeBeers the Diamond Giant. It an intriguing read on how they made Diamond Rings the symbol of an engagement ceremony so as to keep up the diamond market!
It made me realise what we call as culture might actually be the direct effect of ‘marketing’ gimics by huge corporates that gain a lot of money from it. Hmmmmph will older people understand that if I tell them?
[soundcloud width=”100%” height=”81″ params=”” url=”http://soundcloud.com/priyanka/debeers-and-google”]
Later I read this other articles about Google and Sify, and they are around the similar topic about Big Brands and their markets.
Google gets into consulting small businesses. Google is actually into a lot of things.. some which we don’t know of like they have this scholarship for youth into non-profits work.
Sify – Indian AOL? Its cool to understand how they went about tapping into their market.
[soundcloud width=”100%” height=”81″ params=”” url=”http://soundcloud.com/priyanka/sify”]
Brands and their market and how they influence ‘their market’ which we also call society??
Hello There..Professionally into social media & digital marketing since 2008. Here I share my work insights and thoughts. Infrequent posting since many years, owing to my other two blogs on Travel & Spirituality. :) For my work services you can check: www.digiwhirl.com Best way to contact me is via Twitter: @priyankawriting Email: priyankawriting(@)gmail(.)com
- What’s the role of a Small Company or Startup CEO?
- Work Year 2017: In a Globally Distributed Team
- Higher Content Visibility but with Clutter: A Nuance on Social Media Virality
- 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges & Workaround
- Setting Up An Email Marketing Channel: Essentials You Must Know
- Work Year 2016: Working In-house v/s Agency
- Sony Founder, Akio Morita’s Autobiography: ‘Made in Japan’