Last post I reviewed a campaign where for every Facebook fan the brand gave out some donation to an NGO. A mix of CSR and marketing for the company. This campaign I found to be a bit lacking. Just a few days ago I came across a similar campaign by a fitness brand, Equinox. They are donating $1 for every Facebook fan.
I actually liked what they are doing on their social media. There are certain reasons why I find the Equinox campaign thought provoking and interesting..
1. Equinox has a lot going on in their social media. So their marketing is not solely dependant on the donations given to NGO.
2. Equinox is already a very popular brand on social media. Their endorsing this NGO not only brings the NGO money but also publicity which is very important for any non-profit.
3. They are donating to Cycle for Limbs which is connected to Fitness. So there is a brand sync. This is important because it allows the community to rally around it in a way that is harmonious to the brands content strategy.
4. They are donating $1 for every fan. If they put Facebook ads they would be spending less than $1 for every fan. So they are actually donating more to the NGO than they would if they did the usual marketing!
That is why I feel at the end of the day the NGO really gains from this association and it adds a good touch to the whole Equinox social media campaign. It is a cool idea where part of the marketing budgets of corporates flows into non-profits.
Hello There..Professionally into social media & digital marketing since 2008. Here I share my work insights and thoughts. Infrequent posting since many years, owing to my other two blogs on Travel & Spirituality. :) For my work services you can check: www.digiwhirl.com Best way to contact me is via Twitter: @priyankawriting Email: priyankawriting(@)gmail(.)com
- Higher Content Visibility but with Clutter: A Nuance on Social Media Virality
- 3 Common Email Marketing Challenges & Workaround
- Setting Up An Email Marketing Channel: Essentials You Must Know
- Work Year 2016: Working In-house v/s Agency
- Sony Founder, Akio Morita’s Autobiography: ‘Made in Japan’
- Branding For Early Stage Startups
- 2015: Winding Down my Office Setup & Learnings #Startup