One of the activities I like best about community management is fan activity. Just getting a feel of it. Qualitative interactions are not shown in the analytics numbers! There are two kind of interactions I really like and which tells me that the community has made some mark on the fans!
Fans Discuss amongst themselves!
Initially fans would interact with page, replying to brand updates, but later only when they feel a sense of ‘community’ would they start interacting with each other about the brand or something else that is relevant!
There are the usual comments that say “oh, that’s cool”, “this reminds me of my childhood” etc… and then there are the comments that are real-er or more descriptive where you feel the fans are actually listening to you and conversing, not just commenting!
I feel these fan activities are like milestones that have been crossed by that community and can now venture into tougher grounds….
Hello There..Founded a social media marketing company 3 years back. A lot of learning in social media & running a company. This is where I share my thoughts and insights. Best way to contact me is via Twitter: @priyankawriting Email: priyankawriting(@)gmail(.)com
- Work Year 2016: Working In-house v/s Agency
- Sony Founder, Akio Morita’s Autobiography: ‘Made in Japan’
- Branding For Early Stage Startups
- 2015: Winding Down my Office Setup & Learnings #Startup
- Working Tips: When it is time to Speak Up at your Job
- The Non-Compete Clause – Social Media Agency
- Brief Overview 2014 & #GoRegional :)